Video for Change Curriculum
This curriculum contains 7 modules and 37 individual sessions which cover both advocacy strategy and hands-on video production. Though originally designed for an eight to ten-day training, we encourage you to explore the sessions that interest you, download the materials and tailor the curriculum for your individual use. This curriculum was last updated in 2014.
- Chapter 1 – Getting Started and Establishing Ground Rules
- Chapter 2 – Introduction to Video Advocacy
- Chapter 3 – Introduction to Video Production
- Chapter 4 – Post-Production
- Chapter 5 – Storytelling for Change
- Chapter 6 – How to Distribute Your Video
- Chapter 7 – Safety and Security
Included in each session:
- Downloadable Facilitator Notes, Participant Notes, Reference Sheets and Worksheets (PDF & .doc);
- PowerPoints so you can see the key points and structure of the session;
- Valuable resources, case studies and suggested exercises for facilitators;
- Descriptions of session objectives, worksheets and hands-on exercises for participants;
- Suggested duration and layout of each session and activity (Note: The time and layout of the session may vary on the number of participants).