Interviewing Techniques: The Formal Interview Setup
Interviews are often the building blocks for documentary video. Some simple steps can ensure good results. In this video, learn how to set up a formal interview.
This video is part of a series on Interviewing Techniques. Watch the full playlist here.
– Sit the interviewee on a stable chair so they will not move during the interview.
– Allow enough space between the interviewee, the camera and the background.
– If possible, use a lavaliere microphone and tripod during interviews
– The camera person sits behind the camera monitoring the picture and sound
– The interviewer sits close to the tripod and maintaining eye contact with the interviewee.
– The camera should be placed at eye level with the interviewee and interviewer.